this game provided me with hours of fun!!! finally beat it 1 heart remaining, not 1 heart lost in bossfight. hard, but AMAZING. YOU MUST PLAY THIS
Gumgem 2.0 OUT NOW!
It's been a years and a half since the release of Gumgem 1.0.
When the game initially released, I received several feedbacks and I was very happy to see a lot of people enjoyed the game.
I started working on this update not long after the release, aiming to solve the problems you pointed out and to improve aspects of the game that still didn't satisfy me.
I initially planned to release a "minor" update, only adding a few things, improving controls, mechanics and fixing bugs.
Then I got carried away, new content and features were added one after the other and I couldn't stop.
The result is something that looks more like a sequel than a simple update, even if the concept is the same.
So, here we go, Gumgem 2.0 is released!
And with a special 100% OFF discount to celebrate!
Here's the semi-complete changelog!
- Greatly improved player movements dynamics and controls.
- Made the dash more controllable and longer.
- Added fragile platforms.
- Added credits and options screens in the main menu.
- Added new type of castle room.
- Added a tutorial/challenge section inside the castle.
- 8 languages available! English, italian, spanish, french, german, russian, chinese and japanese!
- Updated and fixed walls and foliage tilesets.
- Added the ability to climb walls.
- Enlarged player hitbox.
- Fixed gummy bears sometimes hurting the player when bouncing on them.
- Fixed areas sometimes slightly too large.
- Boss: made more evident when the boss is taking damage.
- Boss: made more evident that you can stand above the falling boulders.
- Enabled fullscreen mode.
- Added "restart", "return to menu" and game options to the pause menu.
- Spikes are no longer placed too close to entrances.
- Speeded up the player hit flicker animation.
- Made the weak spot of spiders more evident.
- Added skip button to the intro cutscene.
- Dialogs continue manually now.
- Added minimap to show player progress inside the castle.
- Added keyboard and joystick buttons icons as prompts.
- Enlarged bats' and gummy bears' hurtbox.
- Spiders rotate more when hit on a non-weak spot.
- Dash is re-obtained after a wall jump or climbing.
- A few secrets!
Hope you enjoy the new load of content!
Spread the word and have fun!
If the game is well received I could continue publishing updates in the future!
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, this has been a wonderful journey!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Finally beat it, and with only 1 heart remaining! Really chaotic boss fight (could have done without the disorienting screen shaking), but a good fight design, and a very funny ending. 😄
Already a great improvement from what I've played so far! The new menus are nice, the fullscreen option is much-welcome, and the optional training and are well-done, with nice dialogue.